The C.A.R.E. Foundation has compiled 10 awesome STEM apps for High School Youth to explore! We’ll keep you posted on all things regarding STEM: games, contests, websites to career advice. We are ready to MOTIVATE you! #IAMMOTIVATION
- Algebra Touch App: Here it is! Get a refresher on your algebra skills with this touch-based tool. Tap to simplify, drag to rearrange and draw lines to eliminate identical terms.
- The Elements App: If you geek out on the periodic table as much as I do, you’ll want this app. Check the current price of gold, find the half-life of plutonium or read up on helium-neon lasers.
- Interplanetary 3D Sun App: Sponsored by NASA, this tool pulls data from a fleet of NASA spacecraft. Watch solar flares, coronal mass ejections and geomagnetic storms moments after they happen.
- Muscle System Pro III App: Strip away the flesh to discover what lies beneath. Developed in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine, this interactive app allows you to explore the workings of human musculature, layer by layer.
- NASA App: A must-have for NASA fans. This monster app includes live streaming of NASA TV and over 13,000 images, as well as on-demand videos, news stories and International Space Station (ISS) sighting opportunities. It also happens to be free.
- National Geographic Apps: National Geographic has plenty to keep you entertained on a dull day. Top-rated apps include National Parks and the World Atlas.
- Pocket Universe App: Astronomy unbounded. Take a virtual visit to the surface of Mars. Animate the night sky. Play quiz games. Get pop-up notifications of astronomical highlights.
- Solar System for iPad: Explore the universe on your tablet with stunning visuals, 150-plus story pages, images from the Mars rover Curiosity and a 3-D orrery that lets you control the orbits of planets and their moons.
- Sparticl: The best science on the web! Engaging videos, articles, activities, and games for teens.
- Virtual Frog Dissection: All of the education with none of the guts. This app allows you to wield virtual dissection tools to uncover the mysteries of amphibian anatomy.